Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pattern Play Blog Hop

Welcome to the Pattern Play Blog Hop brought to you by Club Scrap.  Each month the talented Club Scrap owner, employees and members present a project, card or layout using the monthly featured collection. The  purpose of the blog hop is to demonstrate the beauty of paper and digital crafts.

If you just happened on the blog hop today because you're a regular reader of my blog, and you'd like to view the entire hop, you can  start back at Club Scrap. If you're already hopping and linked to me from the talented Kelly's blog, you're in the right spot. 

Today each member is pulling inspiration from the Pattern Play collection. This kit features a black/white/gray color palette complemented by a beautiful splash of lime green.
 
I have two upcoming adventures in my life. I start a Winemaking class this week that'll take me through the summer.  Yeah me! I need to start thinking what my second career will be in a few years and you know I'm a planner.  My second adventure will be a trip to Ireland and Iceland next April.  Iceland has been on my bucket list for awhile and I'm super excited.
 
Having the OCD personality that I do, I need a notebook for each adventure. However, I have found that I never really fill up an entire notebook in the past. So I took an idea from Karen and cut a composition notebook in half.  I love these graph composition notebooks from Retreat 2013 and still have a few handy.
 
1. Trim a notebook in half with a craft knife.

2. Cover notebook with papers using bookbinding glue.  
3. Round corners with a corner chomper.
4. Decorate as desired.
All products by Club Scrap.
Here's a tutorial on how to make this adorable double bow. 

Club Scrap papers, tags and feather. Tim Holtz numbers. Doodlebug doily. 

Thank you for hoping with us today! Please continue on to see what Tina has created with this collection.

Here's more composition notebook inspiration.
 


 

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a fun idea! I love these booklets. Hope all your activities that end up in this book will be totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that cut-the-composition-book-in-half idea! Your use of the "blob" paper is terrific on that second compo (1/2 of composition!) is beautiful. It's these kinds of finds that make a blog hop so fun and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...this is brilliant! I'm not very good with a utility knife, but I am going to try this. I'm like you I love making little journals, but i don't fill the whole page. This size would be perfect for a meditation journal. That bow is beautiful, I'm glad you included the tutorial because that is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I have to say this is the most clever idea ever. I would have never thought to do this , how sweet! Love your idea, no they turned out beautiful!!! Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome little planner journals!! Iceland is on my bucket list too, how lucky for you that you get to check it off your list along with a trip to Ireland too, next year!! And let's talk about that orange BOW! WOWZA, I love that, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, so clever. I like the smaller journal size too, what a cute nice useful fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love the colors on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg love that idea! Gorgeous covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I had forgotten about that idea. Your gorgeous samples are a great reminder! Love the covers on both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea to cut it in half! Gorgeous covers on both!
    Lilian DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! I love how you cut the book in half-so clever!

    ReplyDelete