Friday, December 16, 2016

Unconventional Holiday Colors

December's Technique Challenge over at Club Scrap is to create a holiday project using unconventional holiday colors and a little sparkle. I LOVE this idea! I found this freeing to make some Christmas cards in colors other than red and green. So I went with pink!  Love me some pink!
 
I stamped three Shades of Winter snowflake stamps in bright colors on a raised panel. Added sparkle by using some iridescent snowflakes topped with Nuvo glitter drops. I felt it needed just a little bit more sparkle to tone down the colors and the Dazzles snowflake stickers were just the thing.
 
 
I couldn't just stop at one card. When I was thumbing through my binder of holiday stamps I came across this tree stamp from Watercolor Christmas.  Adding pearls just seemed like the right embellishment. In pink, of course. The glitz is a little more subtle on this card. The embossed background paper is metallic and a gold sequin star was used to top the tree. (I've been anxiously waiting to use this recently purchased embossing folder.)
 
Club Scrap papers, ribbon and stamp. Queen&Co. pearls. Carta Bella embossing folder. 
 
Now it’s your turn . . . pull out a kit at random and make an unconventional, non-traditional holiday card . . . and don’t forget to add a bit of glitz. Be sure to link your creation to the Linky Party for a chance to receive a Club Scrap gift certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment