Thursday, March 3, 2016

Reverse Color Burst

So I was playing with my Color Bursts today when I got carried away and created a whole bunch of background panels. The problem was that I wanted to do the resist technique on one. That technique requires you to emboss an image on the paper and then use the color bursts.  The ink is resistant to the embossed image. Here's an example made at Retreat 2015.
So I thought...what the heck...let's emboss it anyways. I embossed in clear powder.


 After I embossed I wanted to tone down the color a bit to see if that would help bring the image around.  I ended up taking most of the color off by rewetting the paper and using a towel to pick up the color.  It didn't turn out great.  I just set it to the side and thought I'd make scraps with it. After about an hour I walked by it and said out loud "Holy crap! That is not the same panel!" The embossing held the color to the paper while the rest was wiped way.
Club Scrap papers, ribbon and stamps. Ken Oliver's Color Bursts.

Here's another example since I was so thrilled with the first one.

 
 
I used this panel for a Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge
 
Club Scrap papers, stamps and button. Recollections circle. American Crafts ribbon. Ken Oliver's Color Bursts.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, this technique is a real winner!!! Love the softened look that the wash gives the piece!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how the vibrant colors are still visible through the embossing!! Awesome!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, so a happy incident! Thanks for sharing your awesome discovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that turned out great! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love happy accidents!!! This is so gorgeous, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color burst cards Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete