Monday, March 20, 2017

Spackle

I have to admit that I'm not very proficient in using ink with my stencils.  I prefer spackle.  I know it sounds weird but I love the results of the raised surface especially when applied on a dark background.  The clean up is a little bit more involved with the spackle so I usually do quite a few panels at one time.  Once they're dry I find small embellishments, ribbon and stamps to coordinate.

One of the challenges for PSL is a stencil/stamp challenge.  I created tons of backgrounds but needed to add stamps and sentiments.  I wanted to share how I choose which stamps to use with them.  I pick a binder. Yep, that's it.  I have six 4" binders FULL of unmounted rubber stamps. 
I pick one binder and use only stamps in that binder. Very random but it works.
 I have one smaller binder that has all the photocopied index sheets for the stamped images.
 
This is usually how I start with the backgrounds. I tape the stencil in place and apply spackle. Carefully pull up stencil and set aside to dry. Super easy. I just pick stencils that don't require a large surface area to be covered. 
 
Here's some of my favorite spackle stencil combos.
 
 
Add a little Wink of Stella for shimmer.
 
 
Nice to See You stencil.
 
This is one of my favorite stencil and stamp combos.  I'm always saying this!
 


 

1 comment: