Friday, September 30, 2016

Give Thanks

Happy Friday!

October Retreat is getting closer and my excitement is ramping up! I can't wait to see my crafty friends, learn new techniques and make some great memories!

I joined a holiday card swap for the October Retreaters. You pick a holiday and make 10 cards to be swapped with other crafters who've picked different holidays. The end result is having one card for 10 different holidays! What a neat idea! Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, this was an easy one for me. Since I'm making 10 cards I try to keep the theme and embellishing simple.
 
 
First I stamped the pumpkins in brown ink and heat embossed with copper powder. 
 
 
 Next I used Color Bursts on the bottom edge to color the stamping.
 
 
 I don't have any Thanksgiving stamps or greetings (gasp) so I had to create my own sentiment here using font stamps.
Wrap in twine and call it good. It's a great card for making multiples.
 
I'm looking forward to seeing what the other ladies have come up with!
 
4 more days until I get to see my crafting buddies!
 

2 comments:

  1. I am coveting that pumpkin stamp! I need to use my font stamps more your lettering looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa!!!! I'm so glad I read this post! In the craziness of last month, I completely forgot about this swap. Luckily, I had already cut up some pieces to get ready. I just never completed. I still have a few days to get them done. Whew!

    ReplyDelete