Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Delft Blog Hop

Welcome to the Delft Blog Hop brought to you by Club Scrap.  Each month the talented Club Scrap owner, employees and members present a project, card or layout using the monthly featured collection. The  purpose of the blog hop is to demonstrate the beauty of paper and digital crafts.

If you just happened on the blog hop today because you're a regular reader of my blog, and you'd like to view the entire hop, you can start back at Club Scrap. If you're already hopping and linked to me from Tina's Blog, you're in the right spot.

Each member of the team is pulling inspiration from the Delft Collection. The vibrant blues and gorgeous pop of yellow of this collection honor the still-popular art style made famous by the Dutch known as Delft.

I thought it would be kinda cool to make my own tiles.  Rummaging through my stash I found these chicken tiles.  I'm never going to use these as is. However, turn them over and I have a blank canvas!

I stamped the tile with an image in Sapphire blue and then used the crackle image in Ash.  Let dry overnight. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I decided to get a little adventurous and use the frame stamp for my title. I used the font stamps from Cruisin' on the inside. Now, there is NO WAY I would have attempted this without my Misti. I fell in love with this framed stamp and it's my new favorite.
 I colored in the flowers with a light blue Copic and added drops of Nuvo.
 
The colors of this kit work perfectly with photos from a trip to Disneyland!
I wanted to give a quick shout out to these gel pens
 AMAZING! I'm kind of a pen snob and I love the fine tip and how smooth these pens write. 
 

Thank you for hopping with us today! Please continue on to see what amazing project Donna has created for you!



14 comments:

  1. This layout is so cool and your tiles look so good. I agree with you about the pens, I really love them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect tiles, Lisa. i always love it when i can reuse some of my stash.
    Your scrapbook layout is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT!! Love that you are reusing the tiles, so fun! Your layouts are gorgeous! And I wholeheartedly agree, the pens ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we first got our samples of the pens, we were in love, as well! So glad you approve! Fabulous tile technique and a beautiful page. Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always come up with something completely different. I now have to hunt through my enormous stash of unused and unloved goodies. Thank you for such delightful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tiles you created are so neat - love the idea and the finished LO is perfect! Love your stamped title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tiles are so great, I almost forgot about Style Stones, but how ideal, so you are SO clever, again!!! The Disney LO is fabulous as well. I know what you mean about those pens, I first got to try them out when I took the photos for the website and was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and the tiles are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool - love the scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tiles and layouts !!!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Love the altered tiles!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My goodness! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete