Wednesday, June 22, 2016

You're Getting Sleepy

Welcome to the Club Scrap Artist Team blog hop! If you've arrived here from the talented Donna's blog, you're in the right spot. You can always start from the beginning at Club Scrap.

This month we were challenged to use these awesome Hypno Vintage papers designed by Terri Zwicker.  I've created numerous layouts and projects with the Hypno kit previously and the text weight paper makes wrapping boxes and album covers easy peasy! 

I recently came across this photo of my nephew and felt the colors and theme would be perfect! I trimmed out the "3", the bottom border strip and the up arrow circle from separate sheets of the Hypno designs and distressed. I stamped a small dot pattern on wooden washers to make them more interesting. Then stamped in gold and gold embossed his name on a wooden chalkboard.  I tried to keep my embellishments neutral as to not overwhelm the printed paper.  Paint the backside of burlap with bookbinding glue and let it dry. This allows you to die cut the burlap without it falling apart.

Club Scrap papers, chalkboard, ribbon, wood washers. Queen&Co. black pearls. Spare Parts wood arrows. Sizzix heart die. Recollections flowers. Twine and burlap. 


Thank you for stopping by! Check back the rest of the week for more Hypno paper inspirations. 
Please continue on the see what the amazing Tina has created for you.




17 comments:

  1. Totally adorable page, Lisa.
    Great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could that sentiment BE more perfect? Fun page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, another cutie pie!! Such a fun layout, great work Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a perfect picture for the papers! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice page! Perfect for the Hypno papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout - love all the lil extra touches and such a cutie as the focal point!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect layout. I love sleeping little one pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea and a built-in title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! Great design! The little burlap scrap adds to the vintage feel of the papers and I am scraplifting the embossed chalkboard! How cute is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout Lisa, I might have to lift for pics of my grandson, I actually forgot I had this paper but dug it out the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout Lisa, I might have to lift for pics of my grandson, I actually forgot I had this paper but dug it out the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the page! So funny, we had the same idea! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete