Saturday, March 7, 2015

Drop Spine Box

I love boxes. Plastic, wood, cardboard, paper...I love boxes.  I think it goes right along with my organizing freakishness.  So needless to say, when I learned how to make boxes I was in heaven.
 
The artist team over at Club Scrap had a design challenge using Stacked Boxes.  The set comes with the makings for 3 boxes.  I however have so much chipboard from previous projects that I just made my own.  Chipboard can be cut with your tonic trimmer. Just hold it firmly to get an straight cut.





 
I first learned how to make this box at a Club Scrap Retreat.  I used my directions from the Paisley Drop Spine Project. These make great gifts.  I sometimes fill them with cards or a mini album.  This time I was inspired by the design team to make divisions inside.
 
 
I used Take Wing papers which is a little stiff for the inside wrap but it loosened up with the bookbinding glue. I then painted the dividers with black acrylic paint and glued those in as well.

 
I wanted to make my embellishments with the aluminum tape I purchased for another project. I just covered cardstock in aluminum tape (Home Depot), punched flowers (EK Success), embossed with my Darice embossing folder (Tin Tiles kit) and painted with black acrylic paint. Wipe the black paint off shortly after applying to give that aged metal look. I then added Queen & Co. jewels to the flowers.

 
In March we have 75% of our family and friend's birthdays! So, I'm not sure who will be receiving this one, if anyone.  I really love the way this turned out!
 


9 comments: