Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Crewel & Unusual Color Bursts

Welcome to the Crewel & Unusual Blog Hop!  If  you've arrived here from the talented Anne Marie you're in the right spot.  If you are starting here and are looking to join us from the beginning head to Club Scrap and see what Karen has created for you.


Today we're creating with this month's Crewel & Unusual collection. My intention was to get all crafty, sew and stitch on layouts and cards.  That didn't happen.  My craft room is getting new flooring which put ALL my supplies and work surfaces in the dining room. So, I could really only work in the kitchen.  The kitchen is usually where I work with all the messy art supplies, so here we are: Color Bursts.
I started out by adding Color Burst powders to a dry watercolor paper panel then added water and watched the magic begin. I then stamped a clean stamp on to the wet panel picking up inks and stamping on to a dry panel.  The wet panel acts as a stamp pad. 

Continue to stamp repeatedly until a desired effect. 
I then dried the color burst panel with my heat gun. Spray a stamp with water and stamp on the dry colored panel. 
Watch as more magic happens! These Color Bursts are just amazing!

Here are some examples of cards made with these panels and the Greetings to Go kit. 



My favorite part of this kit is the kraft bobbin and the "This is sew crazy" quote!  I've used it many times already on cards, it's just too cute! 


While I was shopping doing research at Micheal's I came across these wooden bobbins and crochet embellishments on clearance and just had to buy them! 


Thanks for hoping by.  Please continue on to see what Donna has created next.

18 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love your technique and your cards look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how your cards came out and how we are totally on the same wavelength lately!! I just wish we lived closer so we could play together!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--what a darling set of cards! You are sew crazy with your "research" projects at Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful fun with Color Burst. LOVE the cards with the bobbin spools - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! I so need to break these out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great research Lisa! As always a total delight seeing what you come up with and this month is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,you have had fun playing,right?! I love how they end up in such wonderful cards and even did some crochet! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Lisa! Looks as though you had a lot of fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever. Don't you just love those color burst!! Very nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those backgrounds. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color bursts designs! All of your cards are lovely! I especially like the one with the bobbin and red crocheted heart!!! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful backgrounds-what a great idea! Loved the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards - love the color burst for sure - just love the vibrant colors!!

    ReplyDelete