Thursday, January 3, 2019

Civilized Wine

Happy First Thursday of the New Year!

Thank you for stopping by today.  I'm sharing my love for wine this month. I'm sure you'll notice a theme as time goes on :)  I have a "two-fer" today.  My original experiment didn't work out as well as I wanted so I created a second panel. 

This background was created with Distress Oxide inks and water.  I then spritzed the Wine Background collage stamp with water and applied it to the background panel. I was hoping for a more dramatic impression. The wine bottle is a die cut that was embossed in sections. During my Intro to Winemaking class we learned about the history of wine and this Hemingway Wine Sentiment really is fitting.

Just for Fun stamps. Club Scrap papers, waxed linen and charm. Melissa Francis die. Cuttlebug embossing folder. 

This second background is the same distress oxide ink and water technique but I stamped the wine background stamp in brown after the panel dried. I added ribbon and a die cut sentiment. 

Just for Fun stamp. Club Scrap papers and ribbon. Nuvo drops. Spellbinders die. 

Don't forget to join us over at Just for Fun Rubber stamps for our Blue & Silver Challenge.
You could win a JFF gift certificate just for entering.







1 comment:

  1. Very lovely card, I like the colors you used a lot! You might try inking up your stamp with Versamark before spritzing with water to do ghosting over distress oxide. I found it helps. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete