Monday, February 19, 2018

February Stencil Technique

Happy Monday!
February's technique challenge over at Club Scrap demonstrates how to brush on ink when using your stencils. I've been hearing about this interesting ink application but haven't gotten around to it. I love the softness the brushes create.
 
1. Using a Dollar Tree make up brush apply white ink to the panel using a  stencil.
2. Carefully remove stencil and dust a metallic Pan Pastel directly to the inked area.
3. Buff away excess powder with a dry cloth.

I saved this "Special You" silver tag from a birthday gift I received. 
I stamped this "Crazy" quote on a panel and was really too lazy to heat set the white ink so I dusted silver Pan Pastel on the stamped image and buffed it. I was surprised and thankful it didn't smear and set instantly.
 If you'd like to join us in the linky party for a Club Scrap gift certificate, please add your stencil creation at the bottom of the Club Scrap blog post.
Have a fabulous day!
 
 

1 comment: