Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Quad Print Artist Team Challenge

Welcome to the Quad Print Challenge!

This month's challenge for the Club Scrap Artist Team was to create projects using the Quad Prints. We received a packet containing an assortment of  prints from every monthly kit of 2014. Many of these quad prints could be trimmed and framed for easy decorating ideas.


What I really like about the quad prints is that you don't have to use a whole sheet of paper for smaller projects. You don't even have to match prints! It's all right there on a single sheet.

I started off by searching through my Assembly Line Decks to find a card recipe that used several sheets of paper.




 Since I'm so excited about fall being around the corner, I went with the Oopsie Daisy prints.  Love the colors! As I usually do, I altered the cutting instructions a bit to use solid colors for my card bases. 

Once I have all my pieces cut and placed in groups on each card bases, I ink all the edges.  This really made the separate prints stand out from each other. The next decision is how to embellish. Here I decide if I'm going to stamp the background panel or emboss. If I do stamp, it's either a second stamp (stamped once on scrap paper and second stamp without re-inking on the panel) for a softer look.  These prints are bold and can get lost with a busy background. 


Supplies: Club Scrap papers, ink, stamp and Ginkgo leaf. Memory Makers brads.  




Club Scrap papers, ribbon and ink. American Crafts rub-ons, Prima flowers.

Club Scrap papers, ribbon and stamp. Cuttlebug embossing folder. Memory Maker brads. 

Club Scrap papers and ink. Memory Maker brads. American Crafts rub-ons. Prima flowers. 

The cutting instructions for the cards included a panel which is supposed to go on the outside, but the card was too busy.  So I attached the panels to the inside and added a spot for a quote. 


Trees was one of my favorite kits for 20214 and couldn't wait to create something simple and fun. The tool challenge on the forum this month was to use our envelope punch boards from something other than envelopes. I needed a box for a small gift and this was perfect!  I used the directions found via Pinterest on StampingT.


I hope you've enjoyed the challenge!
Please join us next Wednesday for the Big Top Blog Hop!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! I love the box, too . . . great idea to embellish the side and flaps with the smaller prints. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool Lisa - Love the little box! They are so much fun. Your cards are super as well...I too love that they are so easy to create with - makes card making so much fun.

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards and the box! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Love the whole concept of assembly cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous cards and cleverly-made gift box, Lisa! Way to rise to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a brilliant idea to get out your idea deck!! Love the card choice for use with the quads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allcards have wonderful details! What a greatbund you have in this beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and such a great gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas here, as always. Love that box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such elegant looking cards, sooooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete