Monday, February 23, 2015

PSL Color Challenge

Week 2 of Club Scrap's PSL involved coloring.  I didn't realized how much I was going to have to rely on my reading glasses for this one!  Trying to stay within the lines...I ended up having to cut out many of my "colorings" so you couldn't tell I can't color. Wasn't really a strong point of mine in school either. I have my pack of London Calling Greetings to Go sitting out on my desk and my rubber stamps all cut and mounted.

I have tons of different mediums to color with: PanPastels, Gelatos, Copics and Watercolor pencils.  Decisions, decisions.  I just stuck with my Copic markers.  I really haven't used those much in awhile. As it turned out, I only used one marker.  You have to have a red phone booth and red double decker bus...nothing else would do. The first card was actually inspired by my recent trip to Asia where we relied on subway systems to get around.  When you arrived at a station the light on the subway map would turn red. 


I absolutely LOVED this phone booth stamp and can't wait for my stencil to arrive.  I haven't been to London, but when a group of us traveled to Australia and New Zealand, red phone booths were everywhere.  Of course every time we saw one we had to see how many of us could fit in one.  Silly Americans!







I used the background stamp from Destinations, sentiment stamp from Fire and Ice and my Panpastels for this one.  I like to see what other stamps I have that go with the current kit.  It's like getting more bang for your buck. Well, that's what I tell myself when I start looking at my rubber stamp stash.


This Cheerio card was probably my favorite.  I loved how the London collage stamp turned out with the Panpastels. I needed to color something in for the challenge so I opted for Sepia Accents by Ranger. The mustaches really cracked me up.  A little bit more difficult to cut out as you can see, the curl has been cut off trimmed. The background embossing folder is from Tin Tiles Anniversary kit.


2 comments:

  1. If you're a Doctor Who fan, the phone boxes can be blue (back in the 60's, that was their color). I love that stencil! Enjoying working my way through your blog, Lisa! Great job.

    ReplyDelete